- To promote, establish, equip, manage and maintain a functional network of public and private library services in Kenya.
- To promote increased access to educational materials and information facilities across the country in line with Kenya Government Vision 2030 objectives and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) No.4 – Quality Education.
- To provide opportunities for communities to enhance their reading and information seeking habits, and therefore sustain literacy.
- To promote information literacy and reading culture amongst Kenyans.
- To create employment through professional engagement of the schools and communities in the management and maintenance of the libraries.
- To create community awareness over new and arising topical issues affecting education and information technology sectors and related trends across the globe.
Our Core Values
Our core values can be summed up in one word: IDEA
Integrity – We maintain the highest level of organizational integrity in our relationships with educators, students, parents, donors, volunteers and other members of the community.
Diversity – We have no concern for race, religion and gender.
Education – We help students access quality education.
Accomplishment –We recognize and reward meaningful contributions and outstanding performance.